Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Header Ads Widget

A Prayer for Kindness

Being kind is easier said than done. With what is happening to our lives every day, it is quite difficult to remain kind especially if we have experienced betrayal and hurt.

However, it is with forgiveness that we find the strength to be kind to others. Sometimes, when we are faced with life’s challenges and tests, and our body, soul, and spirit may want to give up. However, we must remember that by weathering these storms, we have become a person that is steadfast and strong and at the same time compassionate to the plight of others. Everyone is battling a different war from you so remember to be kind and understand that they must be going something tough too. (Read: Rajo Laurel Says Kindness Is Never Out of Fashion, and We Love Him for It!)

You may not understand why certain problems are happening and why God is always putting you to the test but these problems, when overcome will grant you new perspective and clarity. Let this prayer help you to trust God and put kindness above all else when life is not as light as you’d like it to be.

A Prayer for Kindness

Keep me, O God, from pettiness; let me be large in thought, in word, in deed.

As I look into my past with its pain and fear, may I see my hurt through the eyes of love.

Let me be done with faultfinding and leave off self-seeking.

May I put away all pretense and meet others face to face — without self-pity and without prejudice.

May I never be hasty in my judgement, but generous.

Let me take time for all things; make me grow calm, serene, gentle.

You did not create me to be burned out and exhausted but to be an effective person who does your bidding.

Teach me to put into action my better impulses, straightforward and unafraid.

Grant that I may realize that it is the little things that create great differences, that in the big things of life we are as one.

And, O Lord God, help me to recognize that if I would be strong again, I just remember always to be loving and kind.

Amen.

The post A Prayer for Kindness appeared first on My Pope Philippines.


Post a Comment

0 Comments