Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Header Ads Widget

LOOK: 3 Filipinos Share Their Collections– And The Reasons Behind Each One!

Starting a collection is a great hobby. Some people collect stamps, refrigerator magnets, toys, coins, trading cards, toys, and shoes.

My Pope Philippines gathered three people who shared their collections and what drove them to start collecting them. Read below. 

Archie Canoza, rubber shoes

archie-canoza-shares-his-happiness-from-his-shoe-collection
Oftentimes, people are being judged based on his/her shoes because it reflects one’s personality. When we care for our shoes, it means we are also taking care of ourselves. (Photos courtesy of subject)

Archie Canoza has more than 50 pairs of shoes. And while some would say that no man needs 50 pairs of shoes, if it gives happiness, why not?

“Why do I collect shoes? Showing off? Status symbol? Or maybe just my love for shoes and by simply looking at them takes away my stress. It comforts me,” Archie said. And as lover of shoes, Archie offers three tips on how he takes care of our shoes: Rotate, Check and Clean, and Invest. (Read: LOOK: 5 Most Iconic Moments In Papal Fashion History)

“Rotate (wear) your shoes occasionally. Make it a point to use all your shoes like once a month. Check and clean your shoes every month or after using it especially if it’s raining. Invest in the best shoe cleaner because your shoes are also good investments,” he said. 

Chito Patricio, Starbucks tumblers

3-filipinos-share-their-collections-and-what-drove-them-to-collect
“I purchased half of my collection, but half of it came from friends and relatives as birthday gifts because they know I love collecting them. Whenever they see a Starbucks tumbler while traveling, they immediately think of me.” (Photo courtesy of subject)

Chito Patricio started collecting Starbucks tumblers in 2011 because he loves drinking coffee and he dreamed of putting up his own coffee shop someday.

“It’s like shooting for the stars, but I told myself if I can’t afford to franchise or put up my own coffee shop, I’d bring the ambiance to my house,” he shares. He started buying one coffee mug after another every payday. But when two of his mugs were broken, he decided to replace them with tumblers. (Read: 3 Coffee Dessert Recipes to Jumpstart Your Day)

Lo and behold, Chito now has 80 tumblers and counting! 

“I purchased half of my collection, but half of it came from friends and relatives as birthday gifts because they know I love collecting them. Whenever they see a Starbucks tumbler while traveling, they immediately think of me,” he reveals.

Chito offers three tips on how he takes care of his collection: 1) Find a cabinet or place where you can put your collection and look at it. 2) Dust it once in a while, and 3) Avoid scratching it.

Chito, who is happily married with three kids, said his wife doesn’t really mind his hobby. “She’s a coffee lover, too. And it’s nice to look at them whenever we’re having coffee or just relaxing,” he reveals.

Karl Alvin Pango, Magic cards

3-filipinos-share-their-collections-and-what-drove-them-to-collect
“My collection is not really valuable anymore as I was forced to sell some of my high valued cards at a cheaper price when I needed the money.” (Photo courtesy of subject)

Karl Alvin Pango, 36, started collecting magic cards when he was in grade 4. “I was first attracted to the ‘art’ then I started collecting them. That time, I wasn’t interested yet in playing them, I just ask my mom to buy me some,” he says.

He can’t remember how many cards he had in total as he just collected and left some behind when they move from house to house every once to two years. The majority of his collection was bought at a price of P70 per pack, now it costs P200 per pack.

“My collection is not really valuable anymore as I was forced to sell some of my high valued cards at a cheaper price when I needed the money,” says Karl. If a card has a large demand due to its uses and price, he sells or trades them. “It helped us in times of our need because I had to sell some of it,” he reveals. (Read: 5 Side Hustle Jobs That Won’t Break The Bank)

Karl uses perfectly fit sleeves to store his cards for added protection. He also stores them in good boxes when not in use and when he’s not playing them. “Do not let the cards get shuffled so hard as it may bend and may not return to its original flat state,” he advises. 

The post LOOK: 3 Filipinos Share Their Collections– And The Reasons Behind Each One! appeared first on My Pope Philippines.


Post a Comment

0 Comments