Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Header Ads Widget

4 Practical Prayers to Ask God for Help

In this day and age, it is so easy to get caught up in our daily lives. We go to work, run errands, and handle all sorts of responsibilities we have. We sometimes do not have time to catch our breath because society has romanticized the notion of self-reliance and the “grind.” It’s admirable if we are “Wonder Woman” or “Superman” and do not rely on anyone.

However, this constant pressure makes it easy to forget to pause and talk to God– to ask for His help to go about our day. We often get caught up in juggling things and handling everything by ourselves and don’t rely on God. No wonder we’re so exhausted and are sometimes lost and confused when our responsibilities pile up. (Read: 7 Things to Do to Achieve 7 Types of Rest)

Let us remember that we need God. If you have been carrying life’s burdens on your own and have forgotten to call God for help, here are prayers to call for him. Our God is a loving and merciful God who gives us a hand when life gets too burdensome.

A Prayer for God’s Help

Dear Lord,

I pray over my circumstances right now. I pray you will give me peace about what I can’t change and the wisdom to change the things I can. I’m asking you to reach into my life and do your will. Guide me and give me the discernment to hear your voice. Help me to overcome these adversities and have victory in you on the other side. I thank you for the plans you have for me and give you the praise and glory, even in this current storm. In your name, I pray. Amen.

A Prayer for Faith in God

Dear Lord,

I thank you for the gift of faith. Although things have been difficult, I’m trying to stay positive and keep the faith. Lord, I ask that you help encourage me. Bring a passage of scripture to my attention, send the perfect song my way, or place someone in my life to lift me up. Thank you for all you’re doing that I can’t see yet. In your name, I pray. Amen.

A Prayer for Dependence on God

Dear Lord,

I have been struggling with depending on you. I have been trying to carry this thing called “life” on my own. Thank you so much for being my rock and never deserting me. Even though I have been distracted, I always know that I can lean on you in all circumstances. Help me to keep my eyes on you and not depend on myself all the time. In your name, I pray. Amen.

A Prayer to Know God More

Dear Lord,

Sometimes I get so lost in my life and don’t know what to do. During these times, I wish I knew you more. Help me to grow closer to you and understand you. I want to hear your voice and let you guide me on this road called life. Please draw closer to me and surround me with people that will help me to know you personally. Ignite a spark in my heart to have a personal relationship with you. In your name, I pray. Amen.

Source: crosswalk.com

The post 4 Practical Prayers to Ask God for Help appeared first on My Pope Philippines.


Post a Comment

0 Comments