Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Header Ads Widget

5 Calming Prayers to Ease Your Anxiety

The COVID-19 pandemic has admittedly taken a toll on people’s mental health. With the crisis, combined with heartbreaking news coming in from left and right, many can’t help but feel anxious about what’s been happening around us.

Good thing, we have our faith to hold on to when everything seems to be going out of our control. In trying times like this, we can seek strength and guidance from the Lord who has always been looking after us through thick and thin. (Read: 3 Ways to Take Care of Your Mental Health While in Quarantine)

“Faith is not a light which scatters all our darkness, but a lamp which guides our steps in the night and suffices for the journey,” Pope Francis said. “To those who suffer, God does not provide arguments which explain everything; rather, his response is that of an accompanying presence, a history of goodness which touches every story of suffering and opens up a ray of light.”

Today, let us acknowledge God’s presence and seek his wisdom in calming our worried hearts!

A Prayer for Soothing Panic Attacks

Dear God, I come before You to lay my panic and anxiety at Your feet. When I’m crushed by my fears and worries, remind me of Your power and Your grace. Fill me with Your peace as I trust in You and You alone. I know I can’t beat this on my own, but I also know that I have You, Lord, and You have already paid the ultimate price to carry my burdens. For this I thank you, Amen.

A Prayer for Confronting Fear

Heavenly Father, When I feel crushed by my own worries, lift my mind and help me to see the truth. When fear grips me tight and I feel I cannot move, free my heart and help me to take things one step at a time. When I can’t express the turmoil inside, calm me with Your quiet words of love. I choose to trust in You, each day, each hour, each moment of my life. I know deep down that I in Your grace, forgiven, restored by Your sacrifice, You have set me free. Amen.

A Prayer for Calming a Troubled Heart

Loving God, please grant me peace of mind and calm my troubled heart. My soul is like a turbulent sea. I can’t seem to find my balance so I stumble and worry constantly. Give me the strength and clarity of mind to find my purpose and walk the path you’ve laid out for me. I trust your Love, God, and know that you will heal this stress. Just as the sun rises each day against the dark of night. Please bring me clarity with the light of God. In your name, I pray, Amen.

A Prayer for Letting Go of Worries

Heavenly Father, lately I’ve been so worried about things that are out of my control. Help me to trust that you are working every little detail of my life out and that I have nothing to fear or worry about. In Jesus’s name, Amen.

A Prayer to Soothe an Anxious Heart

Dear Lord, I thank you that I can come to You always for any reason. I’m grateful that when I pray to You, You answer me. Help me to come to You at the beginning of my fears and anxieties instead of waiting until I can’t stand them anymore. The quicker I come to You the better. You want to free me from ALL my fears. Help me look to You for help more often so that I can be radiant with Your joy. In Jesus’ name, I pray, Amen.

Prayers from womansday.com.

The post 5 Calming Prayers to Ease Your Anxiety appeared first on My Pope Philippines.


Post a Comment

0 Comments